有时 pop music is 关于 的 surprise and excitement of an act exploding out of 的 traps and being amazing from day one.
Which brings us to Parade, 的 girlband who somehow had a Top 10 hit with 'Louder' last year.
- The music wasn't up to much. 'Louder' was alright, but second single 'Perfume' was a waste of everyone's time.
- The styling and imagery seemed like someone put 'GENERIC GIRLBAND' into Google images and sent 的 results to a 3D printer. We didn't really see what 的 point was. And we like The Saturdays.
- Everyone who met 的m or had anything to do with 的m said that 的y were a great five-piece. Some of those people admitted that 的 band just needed a sense of identity, which is usually what labels are for.
Well you don't need to worry 关于 的 label not having a decent handle on things any 更多, because 的 band have Parted Ways With that label, Atlantic.
That's usually 的 part where 的y wheels start to come off, isn't it? One member leaves, 的 band make various noises 关于 things being fine, a new member joins, another member fucks off, recording sessions are discussed, a series of encouraging but ultimately pretty vague tweets leave fans expecting something soon but that 'soon' never becomes a 'now', and after 关于 18 months 的 whole thing grinds to a boring and frustrating halt.
Unusually, Parade have kept at it and 的 lineup is intact. When you hear 的 music 的y've been recording, you'll realise why. The new music's worth sticking around for.
They've got a new song. Well actually 的y've got lots of new songs. We met up with 的m in 的 backroom of an east London 'boozer' last week and 的y played us some of 的m. One of 的m's 关于 a crap experience 的y had in LA, recording 的ir first album, when 的y arrived in a studio and a producer told 的m: "dance for me". That was a low point, but 的 song it inspired is a new high point. Another song called 'Chaos' is rather jolly too. Over 的 last several months 的 band have been working with 的 notoriously choosy MNEK, plus Ed Drewett, K‑Gee and Fred Ball.
不过，目前最大的曲目是“ Light Me Up”。
They've done 的 song with Tim Powell, whose work most of you will know due to it being virtually every single thing in Girls Aloud's back catalogue, but he's got Sugababes, Saint Etienne, Paloma Faith and Pet Shop Boys in his discography too. Anyway 的 point is that 'Powello' knows one end of a decent song from another and both ends of 'Light Me Up' have AMAZING written on 的m, like an extremely good pop version of seaside rock, although seaside rock with 'AMAZING' written on one end would have something 更多 like 'GNIZAMA' written on 的 other. But 的 point stands, 'Light Me Up' is a bonafide cracker.
1. It's like 'Lucky Star'-era Madonna with a girlbanded-up, post-DJ Fresh production sound, a sensational chorus and a very silly but very fun dubstep gloomwobble breakdown. Basically, it's brilliant.
2. The song starts off well enough but it really explodes into 的 chorus with "you've gotta, you gotta… You gotta light me up, I'm not feeling that romantic boy but if you think you're worth it light me up". There's also a bit that goes "you gotta smoke me like a cigarette and keep me burnin', burnin'". We're not sure how 的 'set fire to one end of me in 的 same way you would one of those tasty cigarettes' message will go down with people in charge of putting things on 的 radio but that is for someone else to worry 关于.
Here's a teaser video 的 band have put online. The music on it is not 'Light Me Up' which is a bit confusing but it's important to keeps fans on 的ir toes.
The footage is old stuff, but it's funny how less tragic 的 whole thing looks when you know 的y've got incredible music up 的ir sleeves, isn't it?
编辑： Here's a clip of 'Light Me Up', which 的 band have just uploaded. It's a bit teasery so you don't get 的 full effect of 的 song but you can tell it's not mid-tempo and that's a good start.